Power BI is a complete collection of applications that work together to centralize your data and provide coherent, interactive insights. Your data might be scattered across multiple sources like spreadsheets, SQL databases, cloud, etc. Power BI lets you easily connect to your data sources, visualize and discover what’s important, and share these reports will all the members in your organization.
Power BI consists of a windows application, Power BI service (Software as a Service), and a mobile app. These elements are designed to let people create, share and consume business insights according to their needs.
Power BI for specific roles
The usage of power BI will depend upon your role in the project. There are 3 main use cases for Power BI:
- Power BI for Analysts
- Power BI for Administrators
- Power BI for Developers
Power BI for Analysts – Power BI does an exceptional job to aid you in:
- Connecting all your data sources
- Cleaning the data and creating a data model
- Creating charts, graphs etc, to provide a clear visual representation of the data
- Share these reports with all the members of your organization
More often than not, Data Analysts are responsible for the above tasks. So, as you can imagine, Power BI makes their work instantly more easier and quicker. Not just that, people who are not versed in data analysis can also use Power BI to create compelling reports due to its ease of use.
Power BI for Administrators – In any organization, the administrator is the guardian of data, processes and policies. They are responsible to support the organization to make sure that the key goals are met. Power BI is designed for self-service business intelligence. Thus, administrators can make use of the power of Business Intelligence in order to make users more productive, ensure security and compliance with laws and regulations.
POWER BI TO MANAGE YOUR ENTERPRISE
- Familiarity – Many employees are already familiar with Microsoft Products. By making use of these familiar tools as part of your BI deployment will reduce training costs and save you valuable resources.
- Quick Deployment – By deploying Power BI in a very similar manner to Office 365 apps, you can significantly lower your implementation costs and simplify management drastically.
- Security – Keep tabs on your enterprise data with just a simple click of the button. You have the authority to control how data is accessed and used so that you can take immediate action when an anomaly is detected.
- Scalable Reporting – With Power BI you get access to enterprise level paginated reporting, scalable data models that are easy to understand and always represent accurate data all in one single modern, sleek-looking platform.
Power BI for Developers – Developers have more options than ever before to include Power BI content into application development. Integrating custom visuals, and pushing data into Power BI to create scalable models is now easier than ever.
Power BI service (Saas) and the Power BI Embedded service in Microsoft Azure (Paas) come with powerful APIs that enables you to embed your reports into your applications. With these services, you can embed stunning data visuals in any applications, web portals and websites in order to showcase your business data in context.
Developers can reduce development time by implementing one of many automation options. Push data into a Power BI database, automate data refresh, auto-scale your cloud solutions and automate your Application lifecycle management with Power BI REST APIs.